Thursday, November 17, 2005

Movies, Portraits, and Big Brothers

Thomas was very excited tonight to watch a movie he hadn't seen at home in quite a while. I realized as soon as we started watching it that many of the silly things about which he talks and sings are from that movie. Apparently his daycare provider has the movie too. I don't think Thomas realized we had it in our collection.
I scheduled a sitting for his Christmas portrait tonight, and while I knew it was late, I didn't think I would have to call multiple studios in order to find an available slot before December. Next year I'm scheduling his portrait sitting in September. Okay, maybe that's pushing it. Then again, maybe not. If you don't have children you'll understand some day (probably the hard way, like we did, after waiting hours for our turn two years in a row, until Thomas was so tired of waiting around that the last thing he wanted to do was sit still for a picture - and that was with an appointment). Professional portraits can be very stressful. Thankfully we're pretty easy going. We tend to sit and watch other people get upset. Sadly people usually do. Maybe we should take a hint and start developing our own portraits. -There's something about having them done though. I guess I like the tradition, and I do like to have that one professional photo each year, even though I do have a tendency to scrutinize the photos as they're being taken. (I wish I could control the equipment.)
Speaking (or writing, as it may be), of photos, I took one tonight that reminds me of my big brother. I really don't know why, but it does. Here it is:

What do you think?

No comments: