Friday, November 11, 2005

Finally Friday

Brian's flight to Chicago was delayed, and he is now flying a different airline and arriving 2 hours later than originally expected. Meanwhile I've been sitting at the computer wasting time. I looked through some of the thousands of pictures we've taken since Thomas was born, and I found a few pictures from college in the mix, including this one, my favorite of all the paintings I had done for the playshop. It reminded me how much I miss art and creating. If there's one thing I don't get to do at my current job it's create. That job in college was awesome. I didn't necessarily use many of my own ideas, but I was able to take what I was given and make it bigger. I can't believe I was paid to do that. I wish I could do that for a living. I always dreamed of spending my days painting or writing or just plain creating anything I could get my hands on, even though I wasn't very good at much of it. I suppose I can at least hold on to the dream.

...TGIF. I find it hard not to talk about work here. It's just amazing what I hear from people, handling insurance claims day in and day out. It sounds boring, and parts of it are, but some times people amaze me. I'll just leave it at that.

Tomorrow my plan is to wake up and brew a fresh pot of coffee to start off a relaxing day at home. Weekends in the fall are nice. In the summer they're fun but busy, and when it starts to get cold they just feel cozy. Coffee in the morning, a glass of wine at night, and football Sundays. *Sigh.* Sometimes it just feels good to be home.

No comments: