Thursday, November 24, 2005

Cooks, books, and snowflakes

I decided to take lots of pictures today. I figured, since we were making this Thanksgiving a quiet one, I might as well play. I planned to post a few here, but I couldn't decide which ones to post, so I'll just direct you to our photo album. The newer albums are dated, so just click on today's date, and you'll see what we did today. (There are some older November pictures in that album as well.) Here, I'll explain.

First, Thomas was wearing a hat because Brian left in the morning to pick up cinnamon buns for breakfast, and when Thomas saw the snow, he wanted to go too. We had him stay but let him wear the hat. You should have seen his face when he saw Brian return with the bag. Brian set it on the table, and Thomas went right to work, trying to get it out. As you'll see from the pictures where he is stuffing his face, Thomas liked them very much.

We watched the parade, or most of it, anyway. Since Brian does all the cooking I still get to be a kid on Thanksgiving, so I sat and watched. Thomas watched the Sesame Street floats and a few others, but he spent most of the time playing a computer game. We then read five books, some of them multiple times. He ate early and then joined us for dinner, with his roll and butter, the only part of dinner he would ever touch.

The snow stopped for a while and then returned with huge flakes. I took one more scenery pic through the window (pointless, I know), and a whole bunch of Thomas watching the flakes. Just for the record, he isn't normally allowed to lay on the top of the couch by the window, but today I made an exception, just long enough to take a few pictures. (Some of them are dark, I know, but you get the idea.)

Once the turkey was finished I managed to convince Brian to let me take his picture (I'm still not sure how; he didn't like the idea). The turkey was delicious, as was everything else. I even had some gravy and liked it! (I have NEVER liked gravy.)

Now we just have some finish-up cleaning left(our dishwasher is out of service), and I'm trying to decide whether or not to put up the Christmas tree. All in all, it was a very nice day at home with Brian and Thomas.

All right, one picture (since he did pose against his will and all) -



I hope you had a nice holiday. Thanks for reading!

No comments: