Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Digging Up Poetry

I've been considering adding a poetry page to the family site for some time, but that didn't really fit the whole family theme, plus I'm not sure just how comfortable I am sharing my poetry. On the other hand, I have tons of it, all spread about, and it would be nice to have a place to keep it all. Tonight I finally decided to start a poetry blog, mostly on the, "well, why not?" philosophy. (Deep, I know.) At this point, I figure, I'm writing it anyway, and if you know me, well, you know me, so it shouldn't hurt to post it (hopefully -I mean, I'm not super sensitive, but I'm also not inpenetrable). My plan is to start by posting old poems (one per day) and then to start sharing new ones. I have tons of poems, so the issue may be choosing which ones to share. Some of them are terrible, I know. It's okay to give me a hard time for those. I can take it. The rest, hopefully, are just average, and for that, at least they could be worse! -Point being, I know they aren't great, but that's not the point. Wait a minute. Didn't I just say that was the point? ...I just like writing poems, so here goes. Read at your own risk! (Find the link to your right.)

No comments: