Monday, November 21, 2005

Dreaming

There are a few things I always dream of doing with Brian and Thomas one day.

One is to spend at least one of Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years in New York City. We would watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live, see the tree lighting in Rockefeller Center, and watch the ball drop in Times Square. We would be sure to watch the Radio City Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, and we would shop, dine, and make a romantic time of it.

I would also love to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and Wales with Brian and Thomas. I'd like to travel all over Europe, but I figure it's best to start where my roots began. We would visit castles, pubs, and anything else interesting we could find. Of course we would take the camera with us and snap like crazy. Then I would compile a beautiful album full of memories and leave it out to view at any time. (Brian would be far more interested in Ireland than in New York City, I am sure.)

Another idea I come back to occasionally is a weekend away in the mountains somewhere. Sometimes I just like to take things back to basics and get away from all the hustle and bustle.

I don't need or expect any of these things ever, but they are nice dreams to hold on to.

They're nice thoughts to take with me to bed too.

No comments: