Saturday, November 19, 2005

Age Three

Today we bought our turkey, stuffing, potatoes, celery, rolls.... You get the picture. As we were walking toward the grocery store and talking about Thanksgiving dinner, Tommy said in a somewhat distraught tone (of the "but Mommy and Daddy, you KNOW I don't eat turkey" sort), "but I can't eat turkey. I don't like turkey." It was one of those moments when Brian and I both had to smile because it was just so cute. He wasn't crying, but it was like he was tired of telling us that he doesn't like all the things we do. It's funny how simple things like that can actually become somewhat of a moment. I love those little things that Tommy says and does.

I had one of those "you know you're a parent when-" moments last week while I was sitting at a meeting with about 10 or 12 other people, including my new boss. My co-worker pulled a kitty sticker off my sweater and handed it to me with a whisper. Thankfully she is also the mother of a 3 1/2 year old, so she completely understood. I stuck the sticker to my paper, and then every time I looked at it I thought of Thomas.

I just can't imagine life without him. And that's a very good thing.

No comments: