Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On Knitting

Four days have passed since my last post, and somehow that seems like a while. In the meantime I have been experimenting with one ball of super cheap yet oh-so-soft baby yarn I picked up a month or two ago. Originally I had selected it for socks, but after attempting these I had to ask myself what on earth I was thinking, using sport weight yarn for that pattern (not to mention for socks at all), so not long after that post I took it all apart and left it alone for a week or two, at which point I attempted some baby slippers, and I'm honestly not sure if it was me or the pattern because I was very careful to follow it, but they didn't work out either. Finally after putting it away for yet another couple of weeks in favor of my cabled scarf (which happened quite by accident, I might add), I opted to pick up a crochet hook for the first time in many months and use my one skein to get a baby afghan started. After about four or five inches into it I decided the afghan, too, was not meant to be. Now on attempt number four, I think I have found its calling. Inspiration here. Pattern here. So far I'm about three and a half pattern repeats into it, and I'm pleased. I think this one is a keeper, but I'll keep you posted. I have never blocked anything before *gasp!*, so this will be something new for me. Pictures soon.

No comments: