Monday, January 22, 2007

It's over.

I woke up in a sorry state of depression today. I knew last night's game would likely be rough, but I still had my hopes. It's funny how a game can mean so much to a person. When I heard coworkers talking about the details this morning it was so agonizing. I knew there were so many really terrible things to get upset over and that football should not have been one of them, but it still hurt. Somehow.

The only good thing I can say about the game is that when I started to get super nervous I felt like I couldn't watch (even though I still did), so I took out my scarf and cranked out the fastest 2ish hours of knitting ever. It didn't matter how many times I looked up to catch a play. My fingers were racing at lightning speed. By the end of the game I was ready to finish up the end and start blocking. Now I just have to settle down and do it. Oh yeah, and remember that special trip out for blocking pins? Yeah, I forgot to get them.

I did find the fair isle sweater pattern I was craving in Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss on Saturday and splurged on the book purchase through Knit Picks yesterday before the game. I won't have the time or materials to start it any time soon, but I do have another idea from the book in mind for my next project. Exactly what it is will have to remain a secret for now…

No comments: