Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sword fighting with fishing poles (duh)

So here's Tommy with his signature sticking-out-of-the-tongue-while-concentrating look. We were playing an ABC fishing game. I must have been bored with the game because I actually suggested that the fishing poles could instead be swords, and we had a mini sword fight with tiny plastic fishing poles. I realized then that Tommy never had heard the word sword nor seen one, so now he thinks it's really cool, and ohmygoodlordwhathaveidone. Truthfully, I'm not worried, and I thought it was fun, but knowing that his babysitter has already made it very clear that her classes have taught that they don't like children to like Power Rangers due to the fighting involved (which is really funny, in and of itself, as just in case you haven't already figured it out ...by the fact that Tommy didn't even know what a sword was ...and if you remember that we don't have cable ...and if you know me at all you already know Tommy is pretty strictly limited to PBS shows (ok, maybe a nick jr show like Blues Clues or Dora on a weekend-oh no!)... he has never watched Power Rangers anyway -but whatever) has me wondering what type of look I'll get on Thursday when I bring Tommy back after he has spent the day there tomorrow. It could be interesting.

Ah, well. I love my kiddo. And sometimes it's just fun to be a mom.

1 comment:

Steph said...

they don't like children to like power rangers???

I'm not a fan b/c they are super lame - but do they really think they can control what the kids get into? I mean, dinosaurs eat each other pretty much by definition, and kids LOVE dinosaurs!