Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Little Thursday Craziness

The past week has been crazy, hence the not-so-often-blogging. Work is getting to the point where I just feel like standing up and screaming at the top of my lungs every day - mostly because there are times when I want to reach through the phone and shake some sense into people, but then I get to thinking about the fact that it's a phone, and my arm is an arm, and well, one just doesn't really fit very well through the other. So, well, screaming would just be easier. But I don't do that either. Because somewhere deep inside me I do actually value my job and don't want to lose it. Then, too, there's the fact that this is me, and as I've said before, if you know me you know I am not like that. Let's just say I'm a little bit stressed.

I have noticed that it has been almost two weeks since I have made anything - or even taken a photo. I don't know whether it means I'm too stressed to create or whether my lack of craftiness lately has taken away that little bit of fulfilling relaxation that I crave, therefore increasing my stress level somehow. Who knows. All that matters is that I have tomorrow off. And then it's the weekend. Thank the good Lord. (And I do - honestly - thank the good Lord every day. I do appreciate my job, regardless of times like these. Sometimes I just have to remind myself of that a little more often than others... )

On that note I think Tommy and I might head to the craft store tomorrow, or at least raid the cupboards for something we can get completely lost in creating so that we can forget about all the silly little people who scream through the phone without listening to she who is on the other end. And then I think we'll run off some steam outside. Maybe. We'll think on it tonight.

Also, just a friendly reminder to set up your fantasy football draft if you belong to our league but haven't already done so. The draft is set for tomorrow. Don't forget! (I bet you can't guess what I'm off to do right now. )

No comments: