Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Inspiration

I have been wanting to knit a toy kitty for Tommy, but I haven't been able to find a pattern I like. (I'm looking for something that will actually stand up on four feet.) However, I found some other very inspiring things today, starting with this sheep on wheels. How cute is that? I found it at Wee Wonderfuls which is, in and of itself, a fun place to visit. I also thought I might like to make some beaded stitch markers much like these. I particularly like the choice of beads shown. What do you think?

I'm not sure what's next in the project spectrum. I was thinking of making a scarf to match Tommy's mittens, but it sounds kind of boring to me. (I would try to keep it boy-ish and probably do a very simple ribbed pattern.) It would also involve buying more yarn. On the other hand, it sure would be nice if he had a scarf to match. After all, he really liked his new mittens this morning and wore them until it was time to go.
Off subject, Brian made lime chicken with cilantro tonight, and it was delish. He found the recipe in the Mexican cookbook that I brought back from my business trip. It even looked so good that I wanted to take a picture to share with you all, but it wasn't worth the hard time I would have received from Brian for photographing dinner, so I let it go. Sadly I don't think he ever decided whether he liked it enough to make it again. I, on the other hand, was an instant fan. Oh well!

No comments: