Thursday, October 05, 2006

An Evening in October

Tommy and I took a walk tonight after dinner and stayed out until the moon was high. I tried to capture a few glimpses of autumn in New York. It was a beautiful night complete with that infamous crisp fall air and a colorful sunset. We live in a large neighborhood, and everyone was out. There was enough of a chill in the air that my fingers froze a bit, but I held Tommy's hand with one of my own and kept the other in my pocket, as did Tommy. He talked about the cracks in the road the whole way, and about how the road was going to break and make a big hole, and that would not be good. Then he said the moon was following him, and he asked why it was. As soon as we rounded a corner and could no longer see the moon he would say, "Now where did that moon go?" There's always a new adventure brewing in Tommy's mind. We came home for cupcakes before finishing up the night with a game of Candyland and a story. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my kiddo? Oh, yeah. I suppose I have.

1 comment:

metal and knit said...

nice shots love the last one looks almost errie