Friday, March 10, 2006

Pre-Birthday Party Update

So, I have lots of things I should be doing right now, and none of them involve this, but here I am, and I'll tell you why.

I just made this silly little train thing for Tommy's party. It's smothered with frosting, and it's not terribly creative, but the idea was, and is, for it to hold snacks. Of course I wanted to build more freight cars to hold more snacks, but in my usual manner I didn't think twice yesterday about throwing away our only big boxes, and therefore I was left tonight with only the length of a large cutting board with which to work.

Now, the reason I'm posting this before the party, and before it is completed, is that I think there's a pretty good chance that it will all fall apart before the party starts, and I thought it might be in my best interest to post a photo tonight that will prove it did, at one point, stay together. Hey, even if I don't make fancy gourmet, impressive quality decorations and food, I can at least say my could-have-been-made-by-a-3-year-old train has now been holding together for almost an hour. Woohoo!

(Yes, it's late, and I'm tired.)

The idea is to fill one freight car with yogurt-covered raisins and the other with peanuts. We might substitute either of those for pretzels or chex mix... we'll see. Here is the pic, anyway. (And yes, you are looking at the inside of my refridgerator.)




If it stays together overnight I'll post another pic of the completed project, along with a picture of the cake, which I am also hoping will come out of the pan without breaking.

Wish me luck!

No comments: