Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Post-Party Update

Ok, so I have to update the family page, I know, and I'm getting there. I don't think it will be tonight, however.

I wanted to give a quick update on the party and say thank you to everyone who came. -Thanks Everyone! We enjoyed your company!

I had fun preparing for the party. Well, cleaning is never fun, but really I didn't have much of that to do since, while I'll admit I'm nowhere near a perfect housekeeper, I like to think I do tend to keep things in pretty good order most of the time. Of course those of you who know me well have heard me complain about the annoying white dust created by our old humidifier. Yes, that's right, I said old. We finally replaced it with a working filtered humidifier. Yay! You have no idea how exciting that truly is. -Another sad reality of my current stage in life. Working filtered humidifiers excite me. That's disturbing.

I had fun getting everything together, anyway, and the snack train was well-received. (I'll post a picture below.) I also reveled in the time spent with Brooke, Brady, and Dallas (niece and nephews). Something so simple was so fulfilling to me that I keep going back to those moments. I love kids. I like people, in general, I suppose (...even though sometimes at work I want to reach through the phone and smack people upside the head... no, not really, because that's not me, but there are some frustrating moments at work... and just for the record, my typical response is to speak in a very polite and sweet tone and offer my help, because that's what I do, and it's the right thing... anywho... ).

Ultimately, it's pretty exciting that Tommy is now 4 years old. It feels like we've reached a new level. After all, Tommy will start school in a year and a half. He has changed so much. Somehow it makes me want another even more than I already did. Of course, I have no idea how we would afford it, and I spend too much time stressing about my wish to stay home and take care of Tommy as it is. -I like my job well enough, but I feel a strong pull, an honest duty, and a desire to take care of my own child(ren) all day each day. It honestly feels wrong to not be home with him.

On a brighter subject, we have made arrangements to stay here for our summer vacation. I'm very excited. Family time is great, and the more we can afford, the better! We are planning several different White Mountain adventures while we are there, including a night out for Brian and I, which is a very rare occasion, and while it's months away, I'm looking forward to it.

I have lots more to share, but I want to go watch my show. I will mention first that I have a new cell phone, which I like very much (photo here), and that this is a really nice place for gifts. -I tend to think the prices are mostly impossible, but they really do make great gifts. -On the page I linked I especially like the shamrock toggle bracelet, good luck growing kit, and four-leaf clover key chain. Of course, there are a ton of other things I also like, but that is far enough for one day.

I'm off, but here's the pic, as promised, and I'm sure I'll post again soon. Have a great night!

No comments: