Sunday, July 30, 2006

Girl Talk

I realize I haven't been posting quite as often lately. I have instead put a little time into finding a few old friends on myspace. One of my best friends from high school has moved to California to pursue a career in acting and modeling. (If you were at my wedding you may remember that she was just about to make the trip out to CA then.) She's very serious about it, and I just think it's cool that she has really pursued it. She just uploaded 2 videos today and has a few pics on her site. It's pretty cool. You can find it here.

Speaking of modeling, err, writing about it, anyway... I told my mom (Hi Mom, if you're reading!) today that I had my hair cut yesterday and had it styled straight, which I have never done. She wanted me to take a picture, but I told her I will just do it again some time. I have to say though, that it was kind of fun to do something different for a day. It's supposed to last a few days, but my hair was already a little wavy this morning. I figure it might have had something to do with the humidity. We'll see though. I added a flat iron to my idea list. When I had my hair done the stylist was running late, so she enlisted some help to speed things along. I had three hair dressers straightening my hair at the same time, which was kind of funny but really quick (10 minutes... and I have a lot of hair)! They were having a little fun with the fact that it was my first time having my hair straightened, and they all suggested that the best and only flat iron worth using is the CHI. I'll try to remember.

In other news, the Cuddy's missed the Irish Festival this weekend. We were hoping to go with my sister Jessi and her family (Hi Jessi, if you're reading! ...Wow, calling lots of family today...), but it didn't work out. We went twice a few years back, and every year since then we have informally planned to go again, only to have something come up. This weekend it was as simple as having to work OT... and having taken trips both last weekend and the weekend before - which made this weekend sneak up. I only remembered the Irish Fest was actually this weekend after looking at my calendar Friday night. DOH! Maybe next year! (In addition to the obvious, there is live music, a kid section with face painting and other kid stuff, cultural tents, food, and a tent or two for all the vendors selling lots of interesting Irish things. It's a good time, especially since we get to visit with my Jessi and family.)

Lastly, I added a couple of interior design blogs to my "blogs I read (or at least view the photos)" list. I love interior design and just looking at photos of what others create. One of the blogs, Husmusen, is in Swedish, which I do not understand - just in case you thought I might, but I still love looking at the photos. Some of them are particularly beautiful. Here's one of my favorites. I will soon seek out some more design blogs, for sure.

In the meantime, I need to get some sleep. Oh, and I just heard on the news that there is an "excessive heat watch" for this week. Yowsers. I wonder how long it will take us to lose power. Maybe I need to save up some pennies for a couple of battery operated water bottle sprayer/fan thingies that someone had at the PawSox game two weeks ago. Does anyone know where I might find one? I'm guessing either a pharmacy or grocery store would have some...

Goodnight!

1 comment:

anonymous educator said...

I figure I can always fall back on modeling, if the teaching thing doesn't pan out.