Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thank you.

Brian bought me a stand mixer for Christmas. Let me tell you, I was really working in the dark ages before, creaming butter and sugar by hand, for one thing.

Of course, I made cookies straight away.

Brian's father also bought us a very nice new camera. I have no idea what I'm doing (with the camera) but have always wanted to learn. I mean REALLY learn. I do already photograph everything, for goodness' sake.

Although, Brian did say he would have to stop giving me a hard time for taking pictures of everything from dinner to the sky after he saw one of my random photos in an online publication recently. Tee hee!

Anyway, the cookies were delicious, and I thought they put both gifts to great use.

So thankful!

2 comments:

mj said...

You're going to have so much fun with your new camera, especially with all those lovely subjects you have to practice on! When Mark got me my new camera last year for Christmas, someone recommended Understanding Exposure and its a great book, I definitely recommend it. Here's the link to it on amazon if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003

SJ said...

Oh, thanks so much! I'll check it out!