Friday, March 23, 2007

Staying Afloat

It has been a rough week, and I'm glad the weekend is here, though I will probably end up back at work on Sunday anyway. We thought we had just reached the end of a horrible run with Tommy's bad stomach bug on Monday -until I proceeded to get sick throughout the night. Yesterday was the only day this week that BOTH Brian and I were at work at the same time, and we were called out early due to Tommy getting sick yet again. Of course Brian's car was possessed and wouldn't start, so we both had to leave. Well, it would start... but then the engine wouldn't turn over, so it wasn't really starting up. This comes after a problem a couple of weeks ago with the high beams randomly deciding to stay on even after the car had been turned off. Brian took the fuses out because we just didn't have time to deal with it right away, and we have been avoiding the use of his car at night since. It's still sitting at work now, and we're not quite sure what we're going to do with it. We have been on edge about whether to put an offer on the most recent house we saw, but if we need to replace Brian's car, depending on the problem, we will want deal with that before we are sure just how much we want to spend on a house. Now we just don't really know what we're going to do about much of anything. Of course, I know I could have MUCH bigger problems than all of this and am really just thankful that Tommy seems to have finally kicked his virus. After all, when we had to postpone his party last Saturday, I only pushed it back two weeks. It sounds like Brian is about to get the stomach virus now too, and as much as I don't want him to get it, if he is going to I sure hope he gets it soon so we don't have to miss any more time from work next week, and so we have time to wipe out every last germ before we invite guests in for a party!

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

What's that they say? When it rains, it pours.

I think the best people tend to get challenged the most. I think it's a way of building and testing backbone, and you clearly have lots of it.

My wife and our two youngest kids have bronchitis. The little man was also battling a virus that's laid low half his class. I'm sure our eldest and I will be next...we're both already starting to feel off-balance.

I hate this time of year: everyone's sick, and everything around us seems to be falling apart.

Thankfully, we'll all be in shorts ans sandals before long. At least I HOPE we will!