Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bordeaux

I tried to link to a CNN.com video titled "Raves About 2005 Bordeaux Wine" but couldn't seem to find a direct link, and explaining how I found it would be way too much trouble. Apparently 2005 growing conditions were almost perfect, and this year is going to be a big one for the 2005 Bordeaux. I am no wine connoisseur, by any means, though I would like to be. What amazes me is that a case of the top class Bordeaux, per CNN, could already set one back $5,000, yet much of the wine won't be bottled for a year and will not be delivered for yet another, and that it's one of those wines that they will still be selling 40 years from now. I have never tasted Bordeaux (to the best of my knowledge) and expect I may never do so, but as I always say, it's nice to dream.

Trip to France for some wine tasting, anyone?

No comments: