Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas 2005


There's so much to catch up on that I know I just won't get to it all, so if you want to catch up and haven't already looked, check out our two latest photo albums, linked on the right. (When you load the page, scroll down and locate the two latest albums by date and cover photo.) Since my last post we went to New Hampshire for my family's big Christmas party and celebrated Christmas at home. We also had a visit from Matt and Denise last night, who announced they are expecting their first baby in August! CONGRATULATIONS Matt and Denise! We are tentatively planning a trip to Connecticut for New Years and then have one last Christmas party the weekend following.

I worked on Christmas Eve, which wasn't fun, but since it was a Saturday I was able to take a full day off this week and have enjoyed staying home with Thomas for the last two days. Today is a PJ day. While I still have some presents to bake and prepare, Thomas and I went out yesterday to run errands so that we could stay home all day today, and I have been looking forward to that.

Our first project for today was making a train-a gift from the Calhouns. We mixed the plaster and filled the mould early this morning, and we have since removed the mould and added axles and wheels. We have it out drying so that we can paint it tomorrow. -Yesterday we made a gingerbread house, and when Matt and Denise came by they had a wooden pirate ship for Thomas that we watched Matt build. We also went out yesterday to buy some thread so that I can use my new sewing machine. (Yay!) I haven't used it yet, but hopefully I will get a chance to play soon. I have never had my own machine and am used to sewing by hand, so I am both looking forward to using it and hoping I can figure out how to thread it!

After a day of time with Thomas my intention is to bake some breads and watch my show (Gilmore Girls, in case you don't already know), which I also received for Christmas. I received the first season on DVD, but tonight I will watch it on TV. Last night we put in March of the Penguins and watched parts. We were busy, so we'll have to watch it again when we can sit and enjoy it from beginning to end, and I'm looking forward to it.

That's it for now. It has been a nice Christmas so far, and I'm happy that Thomas didn't seem as overwhelmed this year as last. He received lots of presents, but even though he wanted to play with each one immediately he managed to keep up. Most of his gifts had some educational or enriching qualities, and I think we've already tried each and every one (except maybe one or two of his movies). We have a few books to read today, but we have already read a few, played with playdoh, tried Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders, made funny creatures, worked with fridge gears, built a Lincoln Log firehouse, assembled two puzzles, made a new track with the water tower and new trains, fixed an imaginary car using a wooden tool set, listened to two great CD's, shot cannon balls out of the big pirate ship, and so much more. Thanks everyone! We love you!

No comments: