Thursday, August 11, 2011

Control

Ever since I started listening to K-Love radio just after Christmas and heard JJ Heller's song, "What Love Really Means," I haven't been able to get enough of her voice, and as a fan of her facebook page, I have to say that I really like how real and down-to-earth she seems. Today I found myself navigating to her website for the first time and stumbled across this little video. It got me thinking; I am always a big proponent of control, seeking to teach Thomas self control when his ADHD symptoms sky-rocket (not that it is a bad thing but... ) and stressing over control of my house (keeping it in order) and my children (I often feel I am too tough on them, and am more uptight than I ever thought I would be)... I needed a good reminder that I am not the one in control in the first place. God is in control, and I need to step back and remember what's important and let Him lead me; I pray for guidance daily and seek to do His work, yet I think I've been looking past His focal point for me. At the very least, it's time to stop pulling on these strings and remember from whose hands they are suspended. ...So thanks, JJ. I needed this. God is totally working through you!

No comments: