Monday, November 23, 2009

Oh Baby

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away. I've been especially looking forward to this holiday season. I know this time of year is always special for so many reasons, but there's a certain added joy with a newborn to hold and love all the while. I know many women get the "baby blues" or even postpartum depression, but I have, each time, felt an almost extreme positive rush of emotions following the birth of each of my boys, that lasted months. I recall, with Gabe, that even for how difficult his reflux was for all of us, I was just over the moon in love every time I glanced at him, and every time I brought him to the doctor's, even though he screamed the whole time and I was getting so sore from him wanting to eat all the time, I had extra energy to go along with my excitement that he was finally here to love and cherish. With Thomas, we were beyond broke and lived in the tiniest little apartment with crooked floors and a bat that liked to find its way in at night, yet our time there was a time I have since looked on with such fondness. There's just something so warm and fulfilling about welcoming a child into this world and into our family. I feel so truly blessed.

My father made a trip out to meet Logan over the weekend, and my mother is coming out for a few days this week. Two more reasons to be thankful.

Here's to a wonderful holiday season.

No comments: