Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just Another Turbulent Tuesday

followed by a Whirlwind Wednesday...

is why I didn't post until today. Holy Moley. (Is there such a thing as a proper way to spell that?)

I clearly can't find time to do my usual internet routine now that I am back at work, but I really want to share some photos!

Tommy had his party last Thursday night, and then Friday after Brian brought both boys for their well doctor visits and I came home from work we left for New Hampshire. We had a great time, but boy were we exhausted by the time we made it back to New York. I didn't think we even did much while we were there, but we sure were tired.

We visited my dad for breakfast on Saturday morning, and my gram came to visit too. It was their first chance to meet Gabriel, so it was special of course. My dad is a great grandpa to all his thirteen grandkids.

Thomas had a great time too. Grandpa has his own workshop under his house, and he likes to show Thomas lots of machines and tricks. He even gave Thomas a real tool box for his birthday, complete with a new screwdriver and level. Thomas went around screwing and unscrewing things all over Grandpa's house before heading downstairs to move a really heavy machine, check out drawers full of tools (some of which Grandpa made himself), and play with the chain fall.

We finally got to see the inside of my sister Becky's new house too, and I must say my favorite part was the beautiful natural light streaming in through the tall windows, revealing simple, quiet, lovely nature outside - and nothing more. Her new Bernese Mountain Dog puppies were amazing too, but I didn't capture any great photos of them this time.

Here's my mom holding Gabriel in front of one of the afore-mentioned windows:

We spent Easter with my mom. She is always very caring and giving and made a wonderful ham dinner before we had to go back. It was really nice to spend a little time with Becky, Scott, Dallas, Brady, Brooke, Mom, and Aunt Bonnie, all at Mom's (even if I did fall asleep on the couch, holding Gabe, after lunch; I told you I was tired... )

Plus Thomas not only enjoyed searching for eggs in the morning but got his first chance to hide some eggs for his cousins after breakfast.

All in all it was a pretty great trip!

I hope you had a great Easter too!

No comments: