Friday, February 22, 2008

I have been tagged

by one of my close college friends, Amanda. I'm excited that she has a blog now too!

But first, a couple of photos:
My mom came out for a few days when Gabe was born and couldn't help but notice how much Thomas likes pretending to be Robin Hood. He had made a hat out of computer paper and a yellow crayon that he wore the entire time she was here. Being the brilliant Nana that she is, she worked her magic and found him a shirt, cape, and hat. She told him she was sending him a surprise, but he had no idea what it was, and when he opened the package and put it on he was on cloud nine. He wrapped himself up in the cape and sat on the couch, and every time I walked by he would look at me and try to hide the biggest smile you've ever seen, but he couldn't. It was very cool. Thank you Nana!

Gabe gave us this smily photo about a week ago. He looks like that right before he flashes a great big ear-to-ear, tongue out grin. I also took a great short video of him smiling and making cute little baby sounds, but while it looked great on the camera it was way too dark on the computer. It could just be our screen settings, but what I'll probably end up doing is just taking another video using natural light. I have been wanting to share video with family who haven't yet been able to see Gabe in person, but at this rate they all will see him first!


Ok, now back to the tag!

The rules of the tag:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

So...

Six Random Facts and One Weird One:

- If you asked me at age three what I was going to be when I grew up I would have said a drummer.

- My first kiss was with Brian. It was June 1997, I was sixteen, and we were sitting in the grass under a big tree.

- I climbed a mountain (Mt. Monadnock) when I was five. (I had to be carried down.)

- Brian later asked me to "go out with him" on that mountain.

- If I could be anything I wanted to be I would be a stay-at-home-mom.

- I have lived in and/or visited California, Utah, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Maine, Florida, and South Carolina plus driven through Ohio and all the way up and down the East Coast, not to mention all the layovers across the country, yet I have never left the United States.

- I'm mildly obsessive-compulsive. Every box in my pantry is lined up and turned so that the nutritional label faces in and the colorful label faces out. If I see that Brian put one in "backwards" I have to turn it around. I know it's weird, but I still can't help it.

Now for my tags:

Stephanie - Friend, new mom who also loves to knit, and life saver for watching Thomas when I went into labor! (Plus her husband taught Thomas how to fish! He will never forget it!)

Melody - Childhood friend with whom I used to ride bikes and swim at the pond across from my house just about every day in the summer. She has two beautiful little boys and a career I some times envy just a bit. (She is a nurse.)

My Mom - Also my friend and the reason we pay for unlimited long distance calling. She will enjoy this game!

Jen - College friend and sorority sister I miss dearly!

Becky - My big sister and mom to three great kiddos. I dare say she loves babies as much as I do! She's a busy lady and probably won't have time to play along, but I'll tag her just in case.

Brian - Yep, my husband and best friend of all time. I'll still love him when he doesn't respond. (Note the date of his last blog entry.)

Carmi - He has plenty of his own great blogging material and a ton of blogging friends, so I would never expect him to play the game, but in appreciation of his amazing skill at keeping up with other bloggers and always having something so nice to say, I'll be sure to tag him too.

...Thanks Amanda, for tagging me! I've seen tags before but never participated. It's fun!

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

I'm super-slow to follow up - it's been an insanely busy week with lots of life-goodness mixed in for good measure - but I wanted to thank you for your kind words.

I need to give this some cogent thought once I put the work stuff to bed. You've got my brain spinning, which is always a good thing. Well, good for me, anyway :)