Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Why I'm Uncomfortable Tonight

7:57... 8:15... 8:18... 8:42... 9:21... 9:39... 9:46... 9:53...

Yep, those were the latest (Braxton Hicks) contractions... Clearly they were not regular, and actually some were quite far apart. On the other hand though, there were several times in between when I thought one might be starting, but then I decided it wasn't strong enough to count. This (three or four uneven/irregular - but some quite strong - contractions per hour) has been a pattern since about 3:00 or so this afternoon. Up until today they were much more sporadic (the above would happen a couple of nights a week over the course of a couple of hours and that was pretty much it), so I admit I got nervous this afternoon when 3 or 4 came exactly 10 minutes apart, and some were VERY uncomfortable. You veteran moms probably think I'm silly for thinking so much about it, but it can be quite distracting, especially at work! Of course I won't worry unless they start coming at regular intervals, but... Oy! The next 6-7 weeks could feel like forever if this keeps up! There will be lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fluids for me in the meantime!

No comments: