Monday, December 10, 2007

Just Around the Corner

I held up one of Tommy's old sleepers the other day, and it all came rushing back. All the teeny tiny fingers and all the teeny tiny toes and all those wonderful little expressions. I'm torn between not being able to stand the wait and panicking at how much still needs to be done!

I held up another little sleeper last night and said something to Brian about how real it feels when I look at the same newborn clothes that Thomas wore, and he looked at my belly and asked if it wasn't real enough to ME already. Ha. Truly, though, it just reminded me how very small Thomas was as a baby and about how much I loved him then, not to mention how somehow that love is still growing all the time. There is something about bringing a new baby into our family that just seems to make my love multiply for Thomas, Brian, and for little Gabe, all at once. Call it hormones if you want, but whatever triggers it, I won't attribute it all to hormones. I think it's a lot more than that. I think I really am bursting at the (belly) seams with love and affection for my family. Yeah, I'm pretty much on cloud nine, regardless of all the little stuff I stress about here and there, and I'm really looking forward to meeting our newest member of the family.

Six-ish more weeks!

No comments: