Sunday, October 28, 2007

To higher ground!

I awoke this morning to find this:

They were all standing on the top rung of Tommy's ladder, avoiding an apparent flood below. I was told they had to keep moving up, rung by rung, as the flood came higher and higher. It was quite an adventure.

I couldn't resist a photograph, which finally motivated me to take the photos of the small pile of knits I've had sitting on the end table for two weeks:

From top to bottom:

Seamless Newborn Aran Style Hat
Pattern: by Cathy Gilroy - free online, found here
Yarn: Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends (62% acrylic, 30% nylon, 5% cashmere)
Color: Earth
Needles: US 6 dpn's & US 8 circular (because it's all I had)

Simple Baby Mules
Pattern: Was free online but no longer available (I printed it out ages ago.)
Yarn: Lion Brand Micro Spun
Color: Mocha
Needles: US 4 straights (bamboo)

Owen's Socks
Pattern: by Pink Lady Knits - free online, found here
Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport
Color: Aran
Needles: US #1 dpn's

Also included in the last photo: 2 more newborn aran hats in Bernat Satin Sport (US #4 and US #6 dpn's). The hat on the left was made using the "other" directions in the pattern and seems appropriately sized for a newborn. The other was made with the same yarn using the pattern as given and would be good for a preemie.

I'm itching to make this beautiful baby afghan for Gabe (another great photo here), but it may have to wait as I have more urgent plans to make this equally if not more beautiful aran afghan as a belated wedding gift for my cousin (second photo here). All I have to do is decide on my materials and make the purchase.

...So many projects, so little time!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love all of the baby knits, and especially the Owens Socks! I am glad that you knit the pattern, they turned out really well. :)