Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On Knitting

My Ravelry status:
"Found you!
  • You signed up on August 21, 2007
  • You are #27574 on the list.
  • 1045 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 14503 people are behind you in line.
  • 60% of the list has been invited so far"
I'm curious to see how many people will still be ahead of me tomorrow.

Have you noticed a couple of new buttons in my sidebar? I feel it necessary to mention that, while I am a knitter without cats, I have no sour feelings toward cats. In fact I love cats. I just can't have them in my apartment... nor around my allergy-ridden family...

I'm also excited to have finished the first Clessidra stocking. I put it down for months (very unlike myself, I know), but then when I picked it up again I was only about half way into the leg and yet I finished the rest within a week, and that on a very tight schedule. I'm still torn as to whether or not to complete the set (though my slightly OCD tendencies may not allow me to stop at one). I have decided, however, that I must make these. It was the photos over at Pipe Dreams and Purling Plans that really swayed me. I think they look very wearable, unlike most of the socks I have made so far.

Of course I now feel guilty when knitting as I have so many more urgent tasks to conquer, starting with the classes I am taking on my own time (and trying to finish before Gabe makes his big debut), and continuing on with all the necessary room-rearranging and reorganizing, again before Gabe's arrival. Knitting is good therapy for my soul though, so I don't think I'll force myself to cut it out completely. I just can't spend every waking hour at home knitting Christmas gifts this year. Maybe some day again... Until then there is much to do!

No comments: