Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Football

Somehow I have left football out of my recent posts. I guess I've alotted some of that to Brian, since he regularly posts his reactions. In any case, I obviously wanted the Patriots to win, so Saturday's game did not leave me happy. Then on Sunday I was routing for Indianapolis, and while I wasn't terribly disappointed since I do respect the Steelers as a team in the running, I was 0-2. Now I'm routing for the Steelers all the way. I don't know if they can do it, but it would be nice for all my Allegheny peeps who, granted, did laugh in my face when we played them in the playoffs a couple of years ago and they thought they had it made-and then lost, only for the Patriots to go on and win the Superbowl. Yeah, that was a happy moment for me. And now I'll give in and let them have their chance. They almost won me over as a fan. Ok, I won't go quite that far, but now that the Patriots are out of the running, they're my next vote. I mean, really, what other team do I care about? If the Steelers don't make it to the Superbowl I really won't care what happens. So... go Steelers!

No comments: