Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Few Good Things

1 - Since getting pregnant with Gabe I've sworn off caffeine (ok, so I've had a teeny bit about three times not counting hot cocoa/chocolate), and I think I'm going to try to stay off caffeine after I stop nursing. Doing so has helped me find some really good decaf coffees, namely French vanilla k-cups from Green Mountain, especially when paired with a couple of Pepperidge Farm pirouette rolled wafers, also in French vanilla.

2 - We brought Gabe to The Picture People for his birthday photo yesterday. (Recall this post.) I know they're pretty pricey, but we had a coupon for a free 10 x 13 and only needed photos for ourselves (as if I don't take enough photos myself), so we still kept our purchase to about $35. The results were very cute. I am still waiting for my E-mail confirming their upload so that I can hopefully share. The service was great. We loved walking out of the store with our portraits in hand too.

Thomas had his photos taken there when he was about eight months old, and those are still some of my favorites. Everyone always loves the photo of him standing inside an upside down stool. So creative and cute!

3 - While at the mall I replaced my worn out purse with a nice new one from Macy's. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to those types of things (regardless of my love for the more expensive ones), but I was still pleasantly surprised to find a $75 purse on sale. I ended up paying $38 including tax. Gotta love a good deal!

4 - Thomas is on a roll with his reading. In addition to some of the other fun books he received for Christmas he has been enjoying the Magic Tree House series even more. He has read the first eight and has all except #11 to get him through #16. We might try to pick up #11 today so that he can continue in order.

5 - Speaking of Thomas, his CT came back great! NO CHOLESTEATOMA!!!

6 - Gabe's birthday is coming up. Check back soon for his first year in pictures (or video). I might also come back for another brief post later today; I've been wanting to review 2008 but just haven't managed to find the time!

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Cody loved the Magic Tree house books when he was younger. Another series Thomas might enjoy in a year or two is the Hank The Cowdog series.