Saturday, October 25, 2008

No House, Halloween, Alpacas, Pumpkins, and Football

...or something like that.

It looks like we aren't going to get this house after all. No final word yet, but we've run in to one too many road blocks, and we're especially disappointed this time as we'd grown quite attached to the little white house down the way. There's not much to be done about it though, unfortunately. (I think we'd be more likely to accept it and move on if this were only the first time we had gone through this... )

On a brighter note, we are still finding a little time to enjoy the changing seasons. Last weekend we bought Halloween costumes for the kids. I wanted to make them, but I knew I wouldn't have time this year. Thomas will be a firefighter (he loves it, and we are pleased as it was the only non-violent boy costume in the store), and Gabe will be a monkey, of course. I sort of wished I had found a way to make Thomas a yellow suit and hat so that he and Gabe could have gone out as Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat, but I didn't think of it until someone mentioned the idea at work on Friday. Maybe next year! (Gabe's costume is GINORMOUS.)


We brought them to another orchard last weekend, and it was a beautiful morning, though bitter cold. We went early on Sunday, and we were the first ones there. We had our pick of all the beautiful pumpkins, and Thomas chose a 21ish pound beast for me to carve. Of course we came home with more cider too, but not before stopping by the alpacas for a visit and letting Thomas run around on top of the hay maze for a while while we watched the horses.


The cold prompted us to find a nice warm winter coat for Gabe, but we didn't find anything close by, so we made a trip over to L.L.Bean today in seek of this sweet little fleece suit. Of course they didn't have the right size in stock, so I had to come home and order it, but I'll be looking forward to seeing that package on my doorstep within the next week or so!

Tomorrow will probably be a fairly quiet day in, complete with an afternoon of football and some traditional autumn beef stew. Mmm, fall. =)


No comments: