Saturday, September 17, 2011

I was wrong.

I do have peppers, and they look great!

I have ten jalapenos now plus several more starting, and they look fantastic. There are about five or six cayenne peppers at this point, and there may be more of those on the way as well. I think I lost some of those (actually, some of each, but especially those) to the wind and rain when they were just flowers. My sweet bell peppers aren't looking quite as promising; I have only three tiny peppers starting now, but they took forever to germinate, so I'm not giving up yet. They may just have to stay inside for a while...

This makes all the disappointment with my other gardening failures 110% worth it. (Yes, I'm ridiculously excited about these peppers!) I still haven't decided what to do with them, but if I manage to pickle some of them, I will be doubly excited, and I'll look forward to trying again next year. ♥

P.S. I definitely saw a woodchuck in the backyard today. He may have been disappointed to see that I have no outdoor crops for now...

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Picture perfect. And I'm betting they'll taste wonderful after they're harvested, too.

What a miracle this whole gardening thing is. Creating something from nothing. It really is amazing, isn't it?