Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's one of my favorite holidays. The history behind it is my favorite part, but Brian's corned beef and cabbage and all the great little traditions that follow certainly add to the fun. There's something so jovial about the holiday, and the beautiful blue sky and warmer weather (and maybe the large amount of caffeine I just downed, especially since I normally avoid caffeine) have made for a wonderful start to the day.

In celebration, a short Irish quote I found today:
"Always remember to forget the troubles that passed away, But never forget the blessings that come each day" -Melissa McCorkle

And, of course, what post would be complete without some photos of the kids? ...Wearing green, of course. I took these on Sunday, the first day this year that was really nice enough for some football on the (albeit muddy) newly visible grass just outside. I purposely excluded the still-large snow pile from the photos. It's still right in the middle of our yard, and after a winter like this one, I think it will take many more days like today before it's completely gone!

Brian introduces Gabe to a real football for the first time:
Big Brother trying to get Gabe to throw the football:
(He had to settle for a handoff this time.)Getting ready for a pass:
And last but not least, a quick look at some of those wispy golden curls right at the back of Gabe's sweet little noggin:Yes, spring is on its way!

1 comment:

AJR said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's nice and warm here too. I can't wait for spring!