Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Before and After Before

For those of you who have seen our futon and are used to us always keeping it covered with a light, neutral colored fitted flannel sheet (which has worked fairly well, all things considered), here is what you have been missing underneath:


I don't have a picture of the chair. Well, I might somewhere, but we didn't take one before moving it out last night. The futon will be sold but the chair discarded. It's best that way. Just trust me.

Below is what we have now. Of course the layout will change once there are two of us here to move everything around, and the curtains MUST go. Otherwise I think visitors might mistake our living room for a giant mint chocolate bar and try to eat it. After we change everything around and add a few finishing touches I'll probably have another before and after to share. Anyway I'm excited that the new furniture is here, and the espresso color is a nice change. Of course, I can't sit on it yet because I would freeze my bottom. I don't know how long it was in the truck, but with below zero temperatures I suppose it wouldn't take long for the cushions to get cold... Here you are:


Off subject, did you see Elmo on The Today Show this morning? They showed a bit from Elmo's Coloring Book, which is the show I went to with Tommy and his class a week or two ago... I just had to mention it.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

I think Elmo needs to take a little vacation. Or maybe a long vacation. If ever a stuffie was in danger of overxposure, Elmo's the one.

You know, I love the little red ragamuffin. I just worry about the long-term impact from too much celebrity hobnobbing.